Silverleaf Sports & Prestige Terms & Conditions
1. The price of the Goods will be the Company's quoted price as set out overleaf. Where no price has been quoted or a quoted price is no longer valid the price will be the Company's current price as at the date the contract is made.
1. Subject to Paragraph 1c unless otherwise stated all prices quoted are valid for 30 days only.
2. Unless otherwise stated all prices exclude VAT and are for delivery at the Company's address as set out overleaf.
2. All prices given for Repair Services are estimates only.
3. The Company reserves the right at any time to increase the price of the Goods if a price increase is imposed on the Company by its supplier.
4. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the Customer must pay the price of the Goods or Repair Services in full before taking delivery of the Goods or collecting any Item, and in any event within 14 days of notification that delivery or collection can be made.
5. The Company reserves the right at any time to demand security for payment.
6. The Customer at all times has primary responsibility for paying the price of Goods and Repair Services even where Repair Services are requested by the Customer under an insurance claim or manufacturer's warranty claim.
7. All reference to payment means cleared funds.
1. If the Company agrees to part of the price for Goods being paid by way of a part exchange item such item must be delivered to the Company on or before delivery of the Goods and the following conditions apply as at the date of delivery of the Goods:
1. the details and statements set out overleaf being true; and
2. the item being in the same condition as at the date of its examination or the acceptance of it as a part exchange item by the Company. If either or both of those conditions do not apply the Company shall be entitled to cancel the contract and to seek damages from the Customer. The Company shall be entitled to set off its damages against any deposit paid by the Customer.
2. The Company reserves the right to settle any outstanding credit owing on an item offered by a Customer for part exchange and to deduct that mount from the value of the part exchange item.
1. The specification of the Goods shall be that specified on the order.
2. The Customer shall receive such warranty and/or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer of the Goods to the Company, and the Customer hereby agrees to be bound by any conditions attaching to such warranty and/or guarantee.
3. The Company warrants that the Goods will comply with the specification and description set out overleaf (save as the same may be modified by these conditions) and that all repairs will be carried out using: reasonable skill and care. All other conditions, warranties, stipulations, representations and statements (unless set out overleaf) whether express or implied by statute at common law or otherwise howsoever relating to the Goods and/or Repairs are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law unless the same has been made or agreed to by a director or branch manager of the Company and except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Company's negligence.
4. In the case of Repair Services where paintwork is required and the metal work is found to be rusted, every reasonable precaution will be taken to prevent this penetrating through after completion of painting but no guarantee can be given in this respect. If partial painting only is required every endeavour will be made to match the existing colour but no guarantee can be given for a perfect colour match.
5. In the case of Repair Services we will replace or repair any part found to be defective by any reason of defective material or workmanship PROVIDED THAT:
1. we shall not be liable if the vehicle, van or machine has been abused in any way or damaged by wear and tear, neglect, rust, improper use or failure to maintain and/or
2. we shall not be liable if the vehicle, van or machine has been involved in a subsequent accident.
6. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of the Company's obligations in relation to the Goods or the Repair Services, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company's reasonable control.
7. The Company is not responsible for any items left in a vehicle etc. by a Customer whilst the vehicle is on the Company's premises.
8. When providing Repair Services for taxis, driving school vehicles or commercial vehicles the Company will not accept any liability for any financial Ioss incurred as a result of any delay in providing the Repair Services
1. The Company shall deliver the Goods/make any items available for collection at the address stated overleaf. Any dates/times quoted for delivery/completion are approximate only.
2. The Company shall be entitled to levy storage charges having given notice to the Customer that Goods/Item are ready for collection.
3. Any shortages or breakages of Goods must be notified to the Company within 7 day of the date of delivery of the relevant Goods.
4. Ownership of the Goods remains with the Company and will not pass to the Customer until the Company is paid for the Goods (and any related work) in full cleared funds and is paid all other amounts owed by the Customer to the Company (or any other companies within the same group of companies as the Company) in respect of all other goods supplied to the Customer.
5. Where the Goods are attached to or incorporated in any other goods or are altered by the Customer ownership of the Goods shall not pass by virtue of the attachment, incorporation or alteration and if the Goods remain identifiable and were attached to or incorporated in other goods, can be detached or removed from them.
6. If the Customer is overdue in payment for the Goods or any other goods supplied by the Company, the Company may recover and resell them. This does not affect any other rights of the Company.
7. Until the company has been paid for the Goods and all other goods which the Company has supplied to the Customer:
1. if the Customer sells the Goods the Customer shall hold that part of the proceeds of sale which is equal to the original price to be paid to the Company on trust for the Company in a separate bank account.
2. the Company may trace the proceeds of sale that the Customer received into any bank or other account which the Customer maintains.
3. if the Customer sells the Goods the Company may by written demand require the Customer to assign to the Company the rights to recover the price from its purchaser.
4. the Customer must not assign to any other person any rights arising from a sale of the Goods without the Company's written consent.
8. Risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer on delivery.
9. The Customer must insure the Goods against all insurable risks for the price due to the Company for the Goods.
1. All reservation fees paid are fully refundable until the vehicle has been viewed and full accepted by the customer.
2. No contract is formed until the car is collected or delivered.
1. The Customer shall have the right to cancel a contract for the purchase of Goods only within 14 days of receipt of notification of:
a. any price increase of the Goods; and/or
b. any change in the specification of the Goods to the detriment of the Customer; and/or
c. any unforeseen delay in delivery.
2. The Company shall have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of receipt of notification from its supplier that the supplier is not able to supply the Goods and the Company shall have no further liability to the Customer.
3. Any deposit paid by the Customer to the Company shall be refunded following cancellation pursuant to clauses 6a and 6b above.
1. Where the Goods are sold or the Repair Services performed under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976 and as may be amended by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Amendments Order 1978) the statutory fights of the Customer are not affected by these conditions.
2. Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under these conditions shall be in writing sent by post or by fax addressed to that other party at the address set out overleaf.
3. No waiver by the Company of any breach of the contract by the Customer shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
4. If any provision of these conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
5. The construction validity and performance of the contract and all matters pertaining thereto shall be governed in all respects by English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts SAVE THAT contracts with Charles Hurst Lad shall be governed by Northern Ireland law and shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Ireland Courts. Contract with Taggarts shall be governed by Scottish law and shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
6. These conditions constitute the entire conditions of the contract between the Company and the Customer and shall supersede all promises, representations, warranties or other statements made by one party to the other unless the same are confirmed in writing by a Director of the Company and by the Customer or his authorised representative.
1. If you are taking out finance with your vehicle purchase the information you have provided for the finance proposal will be disclosed to lenders for the purposes of considering your credit application. Lenders may use this information to carry out searches with credit reference agencies. A record of those searches will be kept and may be used by other lenders in ac mg applications from you and members of your household for credit in the future, Lenders will cross check this information with other lenders to help prevent fraud.
2. Any information collected about you will he used to firstly fulfil any service you might request and secondly improve how. as a company, we may be able to serve you and we will do this by making appropriate use of the information.
3. The information you supply is stored in our database and used to improve customer service, marketing and communications. From time to time we may contact you with information about products and services we think may be of interest to you. We may share this information with other selected organisations. You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and to make corrections if necessary - you also have the right to ask us not to use the information supplied in a certain way.